TREND: SEE THROUGH
- By Maria-Bettina Eich | Look at these watches and see what’s inside. Some watches celebrate transparency in ways that are horologically and stylistically innovative.
- By Maria-Bettina Eich | A trendy color or the revival of a classichue? The auras of the new green watches are as changeable as their surfaces.
TREND: MOTHER NATURE
- By Maria-Bettina Eich | Nothing inspires watch designers more strongly this year than nature, especially in its untamed variations.
WHICH WATCH IS THE BEST MATCH FOR ME?
- Follow the arrows to find the watch that suits you best.
- By Jens Koch | The Royal Oak was the first all-steel luxury sports watch on the market. Today, Audemars Piguet gives the watch a futuristic feel with a number of modern innovations.
MAX BÜSSER: ‘THE WATCH IS MY CANVAS’
- Interview by Maria-Bettina Eich | The founder of MB&F talks about his concept, which sees a watch as a work of art.
- By Jens Koch | Smartwatches are gaining ground. And while some are styled like analog watches, others venture into totally different worlds of design.
THE SHAPE OF TIME
- Questions by Roger Ruegger |We ask nine designers about the role of design in watchmaking, where they get their ideas, and what they think good design is.
- By Rüdiger Bucher | At the Red Dot Design Award for Product Design in 2017, Hublot was the only watch brand to earn the Red Dot Best of the Best.
AVANT-GARDE IN WATCHES AND ARCHITECTURE
- By Maria-Bettina Eich | The buildings we inhabit and the watches we wear are everyday facts of life. We take them for granted until a creation crosses our path that captures our undivided attention.
BLACK ON WHITE
- By Alexander Krupp | Computers and CAD software are useful, but most new watch designs begin with hand-drawn sketches. We reproduce five of them here.
EMOTION IS THE CLINCHER
- Questions by Maria-Bettina Eich | Fiona Krüger, Simon Husslein and Yvan Arpa take different approaches to the theme of a watch, but all agree it’s a highly emotional object.
ALMOST LIKE YESTERDAY
- By Alexander Krupp | Do you like old things – or new things that look old? The latter are in vogue among watch fans. Take a look at these retro firecrackers of 2017.
SPELL IT OUT
- By Maria-Bettina Eich | Marco Biegert and Andreas Funk began their collaboration as schoolboys in Germany. Now just about everyone loves their Qlocktwo, which spells out the time in words.