- CARTIER GETS SERIOUS | Why the king of haute joaillerie is suddenly storming the bastion of haute horlogerie.
- OPENING ACTS | A three-part test of entry-level timepieces from Rolex, IWC and Panerai that offer admission into the luxury-watch club for a modest price.
- BELT TITAN | WatchTime gets under the hood of the beltdriven Monaco V4, the first serially produced version of TAG Heuer’s 2004 concept watch.
- HOME PLATES | The parade of new base calibers continues as more watch brands strive for independence.
- BULOVA’S NEW BRAVURA | In the wake of its purchase by Citizen Watch Co., Bulova has launched a wave of feisty new products.
- HAYEK AND HISTORY | Assessing the enormous impact of the late Swatch Group Chairman Nicolas G. Hayek on the Swiss watch industry.
- CENTER STAGE | We shine a spotlight on Cartier’s Rotonde de Cartier Central Chronograph, which tallies lapsed seconds in a raised central display on the dial, and its in-house Caliber 9907 MC.
- BIG BIENNE | This workaday town of 52,000 may not looklike one of the giants of the watch world, but it is.
- STRIKING DEVELOPMENTS | The art of the chiming mechanism, which dates from the Middle Ages, is still evolving.
DEPARTMENTS & COLUMNS
- EDITOR’S LETTER
- ONLINE EDITOR’S LETTER
- READERS’ FORUM
- WATCHTALK Swiss watch sales looking up, new CEO at Breguet, Blancpain and Frédéric Piguet merge, and more
- WATCH QUIZ The Japanese watch industry
- FINE CARS Mercedes ups the luxury ante with its new E550 sedan and coupe.
- FINE PENS Despite its allusions to antiquity, the Visconti Homo Sapiens is a very advanced pen.
- FINE SPIRITS Connoisseurs are rediscovering rum, the spirit that fueled the British Navy.
- FINE CIGARS You can still find American-made cigars in Miami’s Little Havana.
- FACE TIME A photo mélange of readers and their watches
- LAST MINUTE Need a good, local watchmaker? Call AWCI.