- BY LAND OR BY SEA The Omega Seamaster Aqua Terra GMT is equally at home in water or on land. How well did this versatile timer perform in our test?
TESTS & REVIEWS
- OUT OF THIS WORLD Seiko’s new Astron tells time by receiving GPS signals anywhere on Earth. Was it a world-beater in our test?
- COUNTER POINT The most noteworthy feature of the Eberhard Chrono 4 Geant Titan is the layout of its chronograph counters. How well do they, and it, work?
- REVISITING THE SIXTIES The Tissot PR 516 offers retro style from the ’60s at an affordable price. How did it fare in our test?
- THE ÜBER WATCHES OF SIHH We take a look at five extravagantly engineered watches from this year’s SIHH fair in Geneva. See new models from A. Lange & Söhne, Cartier, Jaeger-LeCoultre, Roger Dubuis and Greubel Forsey
- OMEGA MILESTONES A survey of 25 of the most important watches Omega has ever made, from the world’s first minute repeater wristwatch (1892) to the equally innovative Planet Ocean Liquid Metal of two years ago.
- IN VILLA VULCAIN An elegant, upper-crust mansion in Le Locle is home to Vulcain and its boisterous Cricket watch.
- LIVELY LE LOCLE It seems quiet; maybe even dull. But this small town in the Jura Mountains is a hotbed of horology, with a watchmaking history that goes back more than three centuries.
- THROWING A CURVE Mainsprings perform herculean tasks. How do these delicate devices, which are no thicker than one-tenth of a millimeter, do their job?
- WINSTON’S LOST WATCH When Winston Churchill was a cadet at Sandhurst, he accidentally dropped his watch in a stream. What happened then reveals much about the young man who would become the most famous Briton of his time.
- SPRING TIME Technotime, in the remote town of Les Brenets in the Swiss Jura Mountains, is one of the world’s few hairspring makers. With the supply of hairsprings in peril, WatchTime decided to pay the company a visit.
- THE INSIDE STORY Growing fascination with the inner workings of mechanical watches has sparked a boom in skeleton looks. See 16 recently introduced skeleton watches in this photo portfolio.
DEPARTMENTS & COLUMNS
- EDITOR’S LETTER
- DIGITAL ENHANCEMENTS
- ON WATCHTIME.COM A glimpse at what’s on our website
- WORLD OF WATCHTIME
- READERS’ FORUM
- WATCHTALK Swatch gets Harry Winston; Bovet’s plans for China; the new Baselworld; and more
- WATCH QUIZ Everyone remembers “It takes a licking …” But how well do you know current watch-ad tag lines?
- FACETIME A photo mélange of readers and their watches
- LAST MINUTE Behind the Swiss-watch-export numbers