- UPDATING THE CALENDAR Patek Philippe’s Reference 5270, which has a perpetual calendar and chronograph, was among the most talked-about new watches at the Baselworld watch fair.
BASELWORLD 2011 SHOWCASE
- FORECAST: SUNNY, SOME CLOUDS Business at Baselworld was very good. So why didn’t more people feel very good about it?
- THE NEW WATCHES Part Two of our annual roundup of news and new watches from Baselworld
TESTS & REVIEWS
- MOON EXPLORATION Zenith’s Captain Grande Date Moonphase offers two complications in its manufacture movement. We go past the elegant exterior to see how well it works.
- HOME BASE The Cartier Calibre de Cartier contains Cartier’s new base movement, Caliber 1904-PS MC, the brand’s first homemade automatic.
- BOYZ TOYZ Shawn Stockman and Nathan Morris of Boyz II Men have been collecting Grammys, gold records and luxury watches since 1990.
- MEETING MR. WIZARD WatchTime talks to the famously brainy Ludwig Oechslin: professor, historian, mathematician, philosopher and — oh, yes — watchmaker.
- ROLF SCHNYDER, WATCH PIONEER Ulysse Nardin’s longtime owner, Rolf Schnyder, who died in April, spent his career blazing trails.
DEPARTMENTS & COLUMNS
- EDITOR’S LETTER
- READERS’ FORUM
- WATCHTALK Richemont sales and earnings, what watch brands spend to woo you, Harry Winston’s Opus XI WATCH QUIZ Match the famous watch with the phrase that describes it.
- FINE CARS Chrysler brings one of Europe’s favorite small cars, the Fiat 500, to the U.S.
- FINE PENS The TWSBI Diamond 530 is functional, affordable and downright fun.
- FINE SPIRITS Sake, Japan’s traditional drink, is catching the eye of American cocktail lovers.
- FINE CIGARS How different types of aging affect your cigar’s strength and flavor
- FACE TIME A photo mélange of readers and their watches
- LAST MINUTE Fallout from our Nick Hayek, Jr. interview