- PUMPED-UP PILOT By Jens Koch | Breitling has enlarged its pilots’ watch from 1952, the Navitimer, to a whopping 46 mm. Is the bigger Navitimer also the better one?
- FLYERS’ FLEET By Jens Koch | The Navitimer has grown into a sizable fleet. Here’s a look at the array of models and limited editions in Breitling’s Navitimer collection.
- PILOTS’ PARTNER By Rüdiger Bucher | In the 63 years since its first appearance, Breitling’s Navitimer has become one of our era’s most popular pilots’ watches.
- ELEGANT ENCORE By Jens Koch | The Jaeger-LeCoultre Geophysic 1958 makes a curtain call.
- PUTTING ON THE RITZ By Jens Koch | Nomos goes uptown with its gold-cased Lux. How does it fare?
- NIGHT WATCH MAN By Jay Deshpande | Twenty-five years ago, Luminox co-founder Barry Cohen brought tritium-based, superbright night illumination to the U.S. watch market.
- REBEL BRAND By Norma Buchanan | The new brand Manufacture Royale draws its inspiration from one of history’s most famous mavericks: Voltaire. Yes, that Voltaire.
- BASELWORLD 2015 News and new products from the world’s biggest watch show
- BRIDGING THE GAPS By Norma Buchanan | Girard-Perregaux’s new CEO, Antonio Calce, on how he plans to correct the brand’s shortcomings
- COMPLICATIONS EGGSPERTS By Norma Buchanan | High-horology companies Agenhor and APRP have come up with new complicated movements for Fabergé, of Imperial Egg fame.
- LOST ANGELUS RETURNS By Norma Buchanan | The 124-year-old Angelus brand, dead since the quartz crisis, has a new lease on life.