- ROYAL REDUX The new Extra-Thin 39MM Royal Oak from Audemars Piguet is the spitting image of the original Royal Oak from 1972. See how it held up during the less-than-royal treatment of a WatchTime test.
TESTS & REVIEWS
- FIRST RESPONDER Chopard answered the challenge of limited supplies from ETA by setting up its own factory to make less-expensive movements. We tested the Classic Manufacture, powered by the first fruit of this venture.
- MINUTES’ NOTICE Instead of the standard small elapsedminutes hand, Carl F. Bucherer’s Manero Central Chrono has an eye-catching, center-mounted one. We take the measure of this quirky chrono.
- BALANCED EQUATION We take a close look at Girard-Perregaux’s elegant and well-proportioned 1966 with equation of time and annual calendar.
SPORTS WATCHES 2012
- SPORTS-WATCH SHOWCASE New watches from dozens of brands
- FLYING HIGH Breitling’s production of in-house movements has soared since it launched its own chrono caliber in 2009. Vice President Jean-Paul Girardin talked with WatchTime about this and much more.
- THE TERMINATOR’S TIMER Most people know Arnold Schwarzenegger as a Hollywood icon, bodybuilding pioneer, and former California governor. Watch lovers also know him as a fervent and influential collector.
- PLANE AND FANCY One of the most intricate pilots’ watches ever made, this version of the IWC Big Pilot’s Watch incorporates a cockpit rarity, a perpetual calendar. See how the watch fared in our test.
- WATER BABIES We see how four divers’ watches withstand the rigors of actual diving.
- TIME FOR HER In time for the holidays: a selection of fashionable new watches for the woman in your life
- TAKING CHARGE Since Patrik Hoffmann became CEO at Ulysse Nardin, he’s had a busy 18 months. What’s next?
- IBG NYC WatchTime’s seventh Inside Basel/Geneva event in New York attracted a record number of watch collectors and aficionados.
DEPARTMENTS & COLUMNS
- EDITOR’S LETTER
- ON WATCHTIME.COM A glimpse at what’s on our website
- READERS’ FORUM
- WATCHTALK Watchmaking comes to Detroit; Omega’s rise in COSC certifications; affordable tourbillons; new pocketwatches; and more
- WATCH QUIZ Collectors’ jargon
- FACETIME A photo mélange of readers and their watches
- LAST MINUTE Marveling at the mechanical marvels