- HOW HIGH THE MOONS? We tested two versions of Omega’s famous Speedmaster Moonwatch. Which scored better?
- ROCKET WATCH When Omega introduced the Speedmaster in 1957, no one imagined that it would later accompany a parade of space pioneers to the moon.
- SPACE FACES Ever since the first moon landing, Omega has been issuing Speedmaster Moonwatches commemorating major space missions.
TESTS & REVIEWS
- SPECIAL RESERVE The Patravi EvoTec’s elaborately crafted black dial now has a colorful power-reserve display. How well does this watch perform in everyday use?
- TIME AND AGAIN Girard-Perregaux’s Vintage 1945 XXL brings modern styling and technology to a World War II-era classic. Here, we see how well it stands our test of time.
SHOWCASE: BASELWORLD 2012
- SWITZERLAND’S BIG MO Last year was Switzerland’s best-ever year for watch sales. This one will be, too.
- THE NEW WATCHES Our annual roundup of new watches from the world’s biggest watch fair
- OFF THE BEATEN TRACK And now for something completely different ...
- BASELWORLD BUZZ: CITIZEN, ARNOLD, AND LA JOUX-PERRET Citizen’s purchase of Swiss mechanical movement producer La Joux-Perret and the Arnold & Son brand spawned a frenzy of speculation. What, inquiring Swiss minds wanted to know, is Citizen up to?
- THE BASEL BEAT A reporter’s notes on the really big show
- MEET SASCHA MOERI Sascha Moeri took the reins at Carl F. Bucherer in 2010. Where is he taking the brand? We traveled to the tiny Swiss town of Sainte-Croix to find out.
- HARD TIMERS Hublot is using a new, very hard gold alloy to make some of its watch cases.
DEPARTMENTS & COLUMNS
- EDITOR’S LETTER
- ON WATCHTIME.COM A glimpse at what’s on our website
- READERS’ FORUM Submariner memories, watches as investments, and more
- WATCHTALK Audemars Piguet celebrates the Royal Oak’s 40th birthday; a watchmaker crafts a timepiece using tools and techniques from all of watch history; Swiss watch exports set a new record; and more
- THE TICKER Patek Philippe by the numbers
- WATCH QUIZ Think you know chronos? Find out with this quiz.
- FACE TIME A photo mélange of readers and their watches
- LAST MINUTE U.S. ad spending by watch brands rose 16 percent last year, a sign that the watch market is recovering.