TESTS & REVIEWS
- CHASING NOSTALGIA By Alexander Krupp | e Omega Speedmaster Racing Chronometer is in gear for a new generation of fans. We tested the current
Speedmaster with a retro-inspired dial and the latest in watchmaking technology under the hood.
- PILOTS’ HOURS By Martina Richter | Bell & Ross’s watches are inspired by the history of aviation. Legibility, reliability and precision lead the list of specs.
- INGENIOUS INVENTIONS By Martina Richter | We test in-house Caliber 69375 in its newest, unlimited version, the IWC Ingenieur Chronograph Classic.
- OPEN FOR BUSINESS By Mark Bernardo | Raymond Weil introduces its first proprietary movement, with an open-hearted dial-side regulator, in the simple-yet-complex Freelancer Calibre RW1212.
- FUTURE READY By Neha S. Bajpai | Panerai continues marrying cutting-edge technology with traditional craftsmanship with its new, blue version of the Lo Scienziato.
- ACCURACY IS EVERYTHING By Logan R. Baker | e Longines Conquest V.H.P. doubles down on the pursuit for Swiss precision.
- HIGH FLYING EYE By Martina Richter | Inspired by a chronograph from the 1930s, the Longines Avigation BigEye unites aviation history and modern watchmaking.
- HIGH-TECH CLASSIC By Jens Koch | Tissot’s affordably priced Ballade Powermatic 80 COSC has classical styling and a modern mechanical movement with a
- DOUBLE DECKER By Martina Richter | e Zenith El Primero has taken a quantum leap, shifting the measurement of short intervals from 1/10th to 1/100th of a
122 second. It’s housed in the Defy, loaded with technical features.
- SIHH 2018: A 360-DEGREE EXPERIENCE By Roger Ruegger | e 28th edition of the prestigious Salon International de la Haute Horlogerie (SIHH) in January was bigger than ever. We present some watchmaking highlights that debuted during the show.
- INTERNATIONAL (WATCH CO.) MAN OF MYSTERY By Mark Bernardo | IWC’s in-house historian reveals how the company’s American founder, Florentine Ariosto Jones, revolutionized watchmaking.
- HOW A CLASSIC BECOMES A COLLECTION By Mark Bernardo | An interview with Jaeger-LeCoultre Product Design Director Lionel Favre
- THE SPIRIT OF MOUNTAINEERING By Roger Ruegger | We met with Montblanc CEO Nicolas Baretzki during SIHH to talk about the new watches.
- ANGELO BONATI REFLECTS ON HIS BUILDING OF PANERAI By Roberta Naas | Bonati took some time with us to reflect on the challenges he conquered at the helm of one of the most successful watch brands in modern history.
- ACCELERATOR By Roger Ruegger | We look at some of the current watches that resulted from collaborations between watch brands and car manufacturers
- DO ANDROIDS DREAM OF HOROLOGICAL SHEEP? By Logan R. Baker | A look at Pierre Jaquet-Droz and his automata
- A LOOK INSIDE A GEARHEAD By Roger Ruegger | During Baselworld 2018, WatchTime sat down with watch authority and esteemed collector Jeff Kingston.
DEPARTMENTS & COLUMNS
- PUBLISHER’S LETTER
- EDITOR’S LETTER
- ON WATCHTIME.COM A glimpse at what’s on our site to keep you up to date on the latest watch news
- WORLD OF WATCHTIME See the global reach of WatchTime and its partners.
- READERS’ FORUM
- WATCHTALK Watches from Bulgari, TAG Heuer, Rado, Bell & Ross, Breitling, and more
- WATCHLIST Undercover Wrist: Watches embracing camouflage
- FACETIME A photo mélange of readers and their watches
- THE LAST WORD Roger Ruegger talks with Lothar Schmidt, owner of German watch company Sinn