THE ESSENTIAL DAILY WEARER
- By Roger Ruegger | Baume & Mercier’s new Baumatic not only promises to be a versatile, modern mechanical watch at an extremely attractive price – it also combines a classic look with a state-of-the-art proprietary movement.
TESTS & REVIEWS
- By Martina Richter | The Rolex Datejust epitomizes the classic wristwatch. We tested the latest stainless-steel model with the new manufacture Caliber 3235 movement under conditions that simulate daily life.
THE YEAR OF THE OCTO
- By Roger Ruegger | Bulgari’s top-seller not only broke four more horological records in 2018, the collection also saw the introduction of three additional case materials.
DIVING WITH AN EDGE
- By Alexander Krupp | The BR 03-92 Diver from Bell & Ross offers an exciting new adaptation of the brand’s distinctive square case and stays watertight to 300 meters.
BRONZE & CAMO
- By Mark Bernado | The limited-edition Anonimo Militare Alpini combines a bronze case, a camouflage guilloché dial and a bespoke modular chronograph movement.
- By Logan R. Baker | At the heart of the expanded Montblanc 1858 collection is an entry-level chronograph with utilitarian appeal and a dash of old-school charm for good measure.
- By Mark Bernado | Oris added a chronograph to its sporty Aquis collection this year. How does this big, blue-dialed timepiece perform as both timekeeper and wrist wardrobe?
THE RETURN OF JAPAN’S FIRST HI-BEAT DIVER
- By Roger Ruegger | Seiko’s 1968 Diver’s Re-creation with a Hi-Beat in-house caliber made quite the splash in Basel this year. We find out how it holds up to the previous Prospex versions.
- By Jens Koch | Panerai’s Luminor Submersible is part of the brand’s long tradition of making diving instruments for military frogmen. We subjected this model to the ultimate test: ice diving!
CITIZEN’S CENTENNIAL CELEBRATION
- By Logan R. Baker |The Japanese watchmaker celebrates its 100th birthday this year. We take a look at the brand’s past, its future, and why Citizen is bigger — and more influential — than ever before.
THE SPIRIT OF FIFTYSIX
- By Mark Bernardo and Roger Ruegger | We talk with Vacheron Constantin’s Christian Selmoni about the retro-contemporary FiftySix collection.
ONE HAND AT A TIME
- By Logan R. Baker | A single-handed approach to timekeeping was a complete gambit starting out. Seventeen years later, it’s clear that MeisterSinger has carved out its own lane in the industry.
LA DOLCE OROLOGIO
- By Mark Bernardo | Buoyed by a surprise Geneva Grand Prix win for its most historically significant model, Eberhard & Co. is making the U.S. sit up and take notice.
THE ARTIST IS IN
- By Mark Bernardo | Six timepieces created in collaboration with, or in tribute to, contemporary and historical artists.
DEPARTMENTS & COLUMNS
- PUBLISHER’S LETTER
- EDITOR’S LETTER
- ON WATCHTIME.COM A glimpse at what’s on our site to keep you up to date on the latest watch news
- WORLD OF WATCHTIME See the global reach of WatchTime and its partners.
- READERS’ FORUM
- WATCHTALK Timepieces from Blancpain, Corum, Mühle Glashütte, F.P. Journe, and more