- STORM WARNING By Jens Koch | “Hurricane” is an appropriate name for the big Breitling Avenger Hurricane, which is light in weight yet extremely robust thanks to a newly developed material used for its case.
TESTS & REVIEWS
- OBJECT OF DESIRE By Jens Koch | The new Daytona with a steel case and ceramic bezel is today’s most sought-after watch. We tested one of the first new models.
- TITANIUM TITAN By Alexander Krupp | Omega has updated its gigantic Seamaster Ploprof 1200M. The new titanium model is now even easier to wear, but how does it perform under water?
- THE MOON AND STARS By Martina Richter | We train our telescope on A. Lange & Söhne’s Saxonia Moon Phase, which has an ultra-precise lunar display dotted with 852 tiny stars.
- LIGHTWEIGHT SPIDER By Roger Ruegger | 2017 is the year of the Excalibur and “disruptive materials” for Roger Dubuis. We were able to preview one of the brand’s technical highlights for the SIHH, the new Excalibur Spider Full Carbon.
- THE NEW FACE OF TRAVEL By Roger Ruegger | Bulgari’s Hora Domus Multizone is a new approach to how a world timer can make travelling through different time zones as easy as pushing a button.
- 100-PERCENT MECHANICAL By Gisbert L. Brunner | Blancpain, which traces its roots to 1735, has never made a quartz watch. Miniaturized movements, grand complications and robust basic calibers reflect the manufacture’s passion for mechanical watches.
- ALL DRESSED UP By Jens Koch | Whether you’re dressing for a dinner, a festive party or a ball, an elegant look includes a fine pair of shoes, an impeccable shirt and a perfectly tailored suit. And, of course, a matching watch must not be left out.
DEPARTMENTS & COLUMNS
- PUBLISHER’S LETTER
- EDITOR’S LETTER
- ON WATCHTIME.COM A glimpse at what’s on our site to keep you up to date on the latest watch news
- WORLD OF WATCHTIME See the global reach of WatchTime and its partners
- READERS’ FORUM
- WATCHTALK A steel Patek Philippe sets a record at auction, a management shake-up at Richemont, Chopard’s first minute repeater, and more
- WATCH QUIZ A look back at the major watch-world events of 2016
- BRAND NEW A portfolio of 12 new models from a range of brands
- FACETIME A photo mélange of readers and their watches
- LAST MINUTE Why “everything is changing” at Richemont