- BRIDGE TO THE PAST By Jens Koch | Panerai mixes retro and modern design elements in the Luminor Submersible 1950 3 Days Chrono Flyback Automatic Titanio. We weigh in on its style and its substance.
- GOING WITH THE GLOW By Martina Richter | We shine a light on the Glashütte Original Senator Observer and its brightly luminous dial.
- GENEVA 2016: THE NEW WATCHES | Every year in January, the watch world turns its gaze to Geneva, where dozens of high-end watch brands unveil their new wares at SIHH and at hotels and showrooms around the city. Here’s a look at this year’s Geneva crop with A. Lange & Söhne, Audemars Piguet, Baume & Mercier, Bovet, Cartier, Christophe Claret, De Bethune, F.P. Journe, Greubel Forsey, Hautlence, HYT, IWC Schaffhausen, Jaeger-LeCoultre, Kari Voutilainen, Laurent Ferrier, MB&F, Montblanc, Moser & Cie, Panerai, Parmigiani Fleurier, Piaget, Richard Mille, Roger Dubuis, Urwerk, Vacheron Constantin
- PANERAI MILESTONES By Gisbert L. Brunner | Eighty years’ worth of notable models from the Italian-born, jumbo-watch specialist
- PIPE DREAMS By Norma Buchanan | HYT has big plans for its liquid-filled-glass-tube time-display technology.
- HIGH TIME By Melissa Gössling | Pilots’ watches go back almost as far as the Wright Brothers’ first successful flight in 1903. Our timeline shows important mechanical pilots’ watches and major events in aviation history, starting with the Wrights’ winged victory at Kitty Hawk.
- ZOOMING IN By Alexander Krupp | Finely finished movements come to life under magnification. The seven shown in this photo portfolio were certainly ready for their close-ups.
DEPARTMENTS & COLUMNS
- PUBLISHER’S LETTER
- EDITOR’S LETTER
- ON WATCHTIME.COM A glimpse at what’s on our site to keep you up to date on the latest watch news
- WORLD OF WATCHTIME See the global reach of WatchTime and its partners.
- READERS’ FORUM Comments about what James Bond wore, defending Tudor, and the Cosmograph Daytona
- WATCHTALK Chanel enters the men’s-watch market, F.P. Journe honors young watchmaking talents, a new book on the watch/car connection, and more
- WATCH QUIZ Independent watchmakers
- BRAND NEW A portfolio of 12 new models from a range of brands
- FACETIME A photo mélange of readers and their watches
- LAST MINUTE How bad is the Swiss watch business? Not so bad, says Swatch Group CEO Nick Hayek.