TREND: SEE THROUGH
- By Maria-Bettina Eich | Look at these watches and see what’s inside. Some watches celebrate transparency in ways that are horologically and stylistically innovative.
- By Maria-Bettina Eich | A trendy color or the revival of a classichue? The auras of the new green watches are as changeable as their surfaces.
TREND: MOTHER NATURE
- By Maria-Bettina Eich | Nothing inspires watch designers more strongly this year than nature, especially in its untamed variations.
WHICH WATCH IS THE BEST MATCH FOR ME?
- Follow the arrows to find the watch that suits you best.
- By Jens Koch | The Royal Oak was the first all-steel luxury sports watch on the market. Today, Audemars Piguet gives the watch a futuristic feel with a number of modern innovations.
MAX BÜSSER: ‘THE WATCH IS MY CANVAS’
- Interview by Maria-Bettina Eich | The founder of MB&F talks about his concept, which sees a watch as a work of art.
- By Jens Koch | Smartwatches are gaining ground. And while some are styled like analog watches, others venture into totally different worlds of design.
THE SHAPE OF TIME
- Questions by Roger Ruegger |We ask nine designers about the role of design in watchmaking, where they get their ideas, and what they think good design is.
- By Rüdiger Bucher | At the Red Dot Design Award for Product Design in 2017, Hublot was the only watch brand to earn the Red Dot Best of the Best.
AVANT-GARDE IN WATCHES AND ARCHITECTURE
- By Maria-Bettina Eich | The buildings we inhabit and the watches we wear are everyday facts of life. We take them for granted until a creation crosses our path that captures our undivided attention.
BLACK ON WHITE
- By Alexander Krupp | Computers and CAD software are useful, but most new watch designs begin with hand-drawn sketches. We reproduce five of them here.
EMOTION IS THE CLINCHER
- Questions by Maria-Bettina Eich | Fiona Krüger, Simon Husslein and Yvan Arpa take different approaches to the theme of a watch, but all agree it’s a highly emotional object.
ALMOST LIKE YESTERDAY
- By Alexander Krupp | Do you like old things – or new things that look old? The latter are in vogue among watch fans. Take a look at these retro firecrackers of 2017.
SPELL IT OUT
- By Maria-Bettina Eich | Marco Biegert and Andreas Funk began their collaboration as schoolboys in Germany. Now just about everyone loves their Qlocktwo, which spells out the time in words.
Please note that this is a digital product.