WORLD OF WATCHTIME
- See the global reach of WatchTime and its partners.
WHICH IS WHICH?
- Can you identify all of the watches pictured here? Turn to page 104 for the answers to this quiz.
- By Maria-Bettina Eich | Boundaries are blurring between traditional luxury and popular culture.
WATCHES MEET FASHION
- By Maria-Bettina Eich | Fashion’s stars inspire the watch world.
THIN IS IN: DESIGNING A WORLD RECORD
- By Carol Besler | How (and why) Citizen created the world’s thinnest light-powered analog quartz watch.
- By Jens Koch and Melissa Gössling | Rolex’s new Datejust hardly differs from its Datejust II. The similar design characteristics set Rolex watches apart from other brands.
‘PROGESS THROUGH TECHNOLOGY’
- By Alexander Krupp | Audi’s motto also applies to the tourbillon’s importance for watch design. Many 2016 models are styled with such strong high tech that their tourbillons fit well with their overall designs.
- By Rüdiger Bucher | The prestigious Red Dot design award was given to 11 watches in 2016. Two of them earned the Red Dot Best of the Best.
THE ART OF FUSION
- By Jens Koch | Complex architecture and surprising combinations of materials take the lead in Hublot’s watch designs.
- Luminous displays like you’ve never seen are shown here and on pages 71, 77, 85 and 103.
‘TAG HEUER HAS ALWAYS BEEN A RISK-TAKER’
- By Rüdiger Bucher | Christoph Behling has designed the TAG Heuer collection since 2004. We visited the German designer in his London studio.
SIMPLIFY YOUR TIME
- By Maria-Bettina Eich | Some affordable mechanical companions that make life easier – by design.
BLUE IS THE NEW BLUE
- By Rüdiger Bucher | Blue has been trendy for several years. And the color is likely to remain en vogue.
WHERE WE STAND
- By Maria-Bettina Eich | Three Swiss designers talk about watch design and its future.
PROMOTION: ANALOG INTO THE FUTURE
- By Maria-Bettina Eich | New watches from Moritz Grossmann, Stowa and Armin Strom.
- By Jens Koch | Watches that feature warm colors, wood grain, textured leather, textiles, and materials that change over time such as bronze.
Please note that this is a digital product.