WORLD OF WATCHTIME
- See the global reach of WatchTime and its partners
- By Alexander Krupp | Brands are introducing new watches in several, usually eye-catching, color variations.
We’ve scattered fve exciting new watch faces throughout this issue on pages 16, 27, 61, 79 and 95
TIME TO CHILL
- By Rüdiger Bucher | Te latest color trend is no longer just blue, now it‘s ice blue
By Maria-Bettina Eich | How does one rework an iconic design? Swiss product designer Alfredo Häberli for Rado and Guido Terreni, CEO of Parmigiani Fleurier, explored this question.
DESIGNED WITH PURPOSE
By Roger Ruegger | Citizen’s Promaster collection has been home to some of the brand’s toughest watches for over 30 years. We look at four examples from the current lineup and how their form follows function.
"WHAT KIND OF CRAZY THING COULD WE MAKE?”
- By Rüdiger Bucher | In 2022, watch designer Simon Husslein experienced something new, designing virtual watches for an NFT project for Beyer Jewellers in Zurich.
THE SHAPE OF THE ’60s
- By Roger Ruegger | For its 60-year anniversary, the DiaStar 1 is relaunched both as an “original” series in three dial colors and as a special “Anniversary Edition” in Ceramos, created with designer Alfredo Häberli.
- By Alexander Krupp | More than just a bit diferent, these new watches venture lightyears beyond everything we thought was normal.
THE WATCH AS A CANVAS
- By Maria-Bettina Eich | Watch companies team up with contemporary artists to create new and unconventional models that surprise connoisseurs.
EIGHT WINNERS AND ONE VICTOR
- Nine contemporary watches and clocks from Europe and Asia were awarded prizes as part of the Red Dot Design Awards Product Design 2022.
- By Roger Ruegger | In 2002, French luxury fashion house Louis Vuitton unveiled the Tambour for the frst time. We take a look at the latest limited edition of the brand.
REDUCTION TO THE ESSENTIALS
- By Jens Koch | Porsche Design celebrated its 50th anniversary in 2022. We talked with head designer Roland Heiler about icons, innovations and electric kettles.
- Maria-Bettina Eich | Glancing at today’s watches can be a dizzying experience because many new dials trigger op-art efects
- By Alexander Krupp | In 2022, Swiss jeweler Bucherer introduced two watches and a race car under the name Bucherer Blue.
SQUARING THE CIRCLE
- By Rüdiger Bucher | Hublot is now dedicating itself to form and is introducing a square watch. To what degree is the new Square Bang a typical Hublot?
INNOVATIVE BUILDING DESIGN
- By Maria-Bettina Eich | Tree innovative architects have designed important buildings for watch companies, and a 20thcentury giant became a watch company architect posthumously.
OCHS UND JUNIOR
- By Jens Koch | Founded by the ingenious Ludwig Oechslin, the Swiss watch brand has managed to simplify complex calendar functions while streamlining the design.
Please note that this is a digital product.