- ONE FOR THE ROAD By Jens Koch | Sometimes you have to go the extra mile to really test a watch. We gave the IWC Ingenieur Automatic AMG Black Series Ceramic a road test, literally, by taking the watch for a spin in a Mercedes AMG SLS roadster.
TESTS & REVIEWS
- IN DEPTH By Mike Disher | With its refined dial and understated ceramic and titanium case, Blancpain’s Fifty Fathoms Bathyscaphe combines the elegant and the rugged. How well did this deep-dive watch withstand the pressure of our test?
- POWER TOOL By Mike Disher | The Engineer Hydrocarbon NEDU from Ball Watch is a muscular tool watch. We test the NEDU to see if it lives up to Webb Ball’s legacy.
- FUNCTION JUNCTION By Martina Richter | An alarm, a chrono, and a GMT, all in one watch. We take a close look at the Fortis F-43 Pilot’s Chronograph Alarm GMT Chronometer and its rare combination of functions.
- A BIT OF BRAWN By Alexander Krupp | Bulgari is known for its focus on design, but the Diagono Ceramic is also tough as nails, with crown protectors, shock protection, and a rubber strap. We put it through its paces in our test.
- BUYING A CHRONO? 10 THINGS TO KNOW By Mike Disher | Almost every brand makes chronographs, but they’re not all created equal. Here are 10 factors to consider when chrono-shopping.
- SEALS AND CERTS: A GUIDE TO QUALITY MARKS By Jay Deshpande | Systems for testing the quality of fine watches have proliferated. We take a look at 11 quality seals and certificates.
- FOSSIL’S SWISS MISSION By Norma Buchanan | The fashion-watch company Fossil, a giant of the Hong Kong watch industry, is making more watches in Switzerland. Why?
- A BOLT FROM THE BLUE | Watch companies are bringing out a whole passel of watches with different blues on dials, bezels, and straps. From azure to zaffer, here’s a sampling.
DEPARTMENTS & COLUMNS
- EDITOR’S LETTER
- DIGITAL ENHANCEMENTS A resource for all the QR codes in this issue that link to bonus content
- ON WATCHTIME.COM A glimpse at what’s on our site to keep you up to date on the latest watch news
- WORLD OF WATCHTIME See the global reach of WatchTime and its partners
- WATCHTALK COMCO’s latest ruling on Swatch Group’s movement deliveries; Vacheron Constantin builds a new factory; watches from London’s Cheapside Hoard; unusual chrono push-pieces; and more
- WATCH QUIZ Find out how much you know about watch-world events in 2013.
- FACETIME A photo mélange of readers and their watches
- LAST MINUTE What COMCO’s decision about Swatch Group’s movements and assortments will mean for the watch industry.