- TWIN POWERS A look at Jaeger-LeCoultre’s headline introduction for this year, the Duomètre Sphérotourbillon. It has two independent barrels for greater precision, an inclined, double-axis tourbillon, and much more. Plus: an interview with JLC CEO Jérôme Lambert.
TESTS & REVIEWS
- COUNTER INTELLIGENCE Up close with Glashütte Original’s PanoMatic-Counter XL, with its unconventional dial design and innovative counter function.
- DIVING CLASS We put Audemars Piguet’s Royal Oak Offshore Diver, a watch built for sport but suited for leisure, through its paces.
- SHADES OF GRAY With its shiny, lightweight, titanium-ceramic case, Chanel’s J12 Chromatic is a triumph of form. Now we see how it functions.
- COMMAND PERFORMANCE Mido’s Commander Chronometer has a vintage look and a COSC-certified movement. We take a closer look at the modern version of this 50-plus-year-old model.
- WHO OWNS WHAT A handy guide to which watch and luxurygoods groups own which watch brands.
- CALENDAR KING Kurt Klaus, the master watchmaker and perpetual-calendar expert whose work has defined IWC’s watches for decades, remains a vital ambassador for the brand.
- WITH ROLEX IN CHINA The world’s biggest watch brand takes on the world’s biggest watch market.
- GENERATION X Blancpain took dive-watch technology to a new level in 1953 with the Fifty Fathoms. Now it intends to do so again with its new “extreme” concept watch, the X Fathoms.
- DESIGN DOYENNE A conversation with Sandrine Stern, Patek Philippe’s design director and wife of CEO Thierry Stern
DEPARTMENTS & COLUMNS
- EDITOR’S LETTER
- READERS’ FORUM
- WATCHTALK New rules for the Geneva Seal, Oris’s Kittiwake watch, Hublot and Ferrari together at last, and more
- WATCH QUIZ Test your knowledge of the watch-related headlines of 2011.
- FINE CARS Motown gets its mojo back with the 2012 Chrysler 300 sedan
- FINE PENS Edison is a small company that is growing for good reason.
- FINE SPIRITS How did the classic Sazerac cocktail become synonymous with the Big Easy?
- FINE CIGARS The historic Graycliff Hotel in the Bahamas is also home to a prestigious cigar brand.
- FACE TIME A photo mélange of readers and their watches
- LAST MINUTE How the strong Swiss franc is weakening the Swiss watch industry