- BREGUET: BACK TO WHERE IT ONCE BELONGED By Joe Thompson | Under the Swatch Group, the Breguet firm, for the first time in a centuryand-a-half, has returned to the top tier of the luxury watch pyramid.
- EIGHT DAYS OF POWER By Jens Koch | The first serially produced watch with Panerai’s own hand-wound movement, the Panerai Luminor 1950 8 Days GMT provides an eightday power reserve and a second-time-zone indicator.
- SKY KINGS By Jens Koch | We test three pilots’ chronographs — the Sinn 142 St II, the Fortis B-42 Official Cosmonauts Chronograph, and the Hanhart Primus — to see which one flies the highest.
- THE SPIRIT OF ‘77 By Martina Richter | A detailed look at the Bulgari-Bulgari 41 Réserve de Marche men’s wristwatch, a contemporary classic with its roots in another era.
- BASEL/GENEVA 2007, PART ONE By the Editors of WatchTime | Spring has arrived, and for watch aficionados, that means the unveiling of a new crop of timepieces at the Baselworld and SIHH watch fairs in Switzerland. Here’s a first look at some highlights.
- INTERIOR DECORATION By Martina Richter | Since 1946, watch connoisseurs have appreciated Dubey & Schaldenbrand’s luxuriously decorated vintage calibers.
- CONNOISSEURS: ALL AROUND THE DIAL By Ed Kiersh | Dallas-based radio veteran Dale Kuckelburg has a blue-collar work ethic and a connoisseur’s taste for mechanical watches.
- BOLD CASE FILES By Alexander Krupp | Watchmakers are looking beyond steel and gold, using new, increasingly exotic materials in making their cases.
- THE FACE THAT WEARS THE CROWN By Norma Buchanan | Pascal Raffy fell head over heels when he saw his first Bovet watch. Now he’s restoring luster to the brand famed for the 12 o’clock crown.
- ‘MELO GOLD By Mark Bernardo | Denver Nuggets star Carmelo Anthony appreciates a fine timepiece as much as a game-winning jump shot at the buzzer.
- IN THE DRIVER’S SEAT By Rüdiger Bucher | Panerai CEO Angelo Bonati speaks about the launch of Caliber P.2002, the new Panerai Luminor 8 Days, and the debut of a new family of watches made for Ferrari.
- MAKING IT ON THEIR OWN By Norma Buchanan | On its 10th anniversary as part of the Richemont Group, Panerai unveils three new in-house movements and promises more to follow.
- BACK IS BEAUTIFUL | Behind every beautiful dial is a hard-working movement. In some cases, the movement’s design and decorations make the back of the watch as attractive as the front.
- FACE TO FACE: COURTROOM CRUSADER By Ed Kiersh | High-powered attorney David Boies has taken on powerful opponents from Microsoft to Major League Baseball to our current president. Can you pick out his favorite watch?
DEPARTMENTS & COLUMNS
- Editor’s Letter
- Readers’ Forum
- Time for Her
- Watch Quiz
- Fine Cars
- Fine Pens
- Fine Spirits
- Fine Cigars
- Last Minute