- INSIDE ROLEX BIENNE | On a rare tour of Rolex’s movementmanufacturing complex, WatchTime witnesses the making of the Cosmograph Daytona Caliber 4130.
- TIME JUMPER | An examination of Raymond Weil’s strikingly designed Don Giovanni Cosi Grande Jumping Hour
- BOAT HOROLOGY | We test Parmigiani’s Pershing Chronograph 005, the fruit of the watch brand’s partnership with the prestigious Italian yacht builder.
- NAVAL GAZING | Panerai’s Luminor 1950 3 Days GMT, inspired by a vintage watch used by the Italian Navy, features the brand’s recently introduced P.9001 in-house movement.
BASELWORLD 2010 SHOWCASE
- ON THE MEND | The Swiss watch industry has not recovered from the Great Recession of 2009. But Baselworld showed that it is recuperating.
- THE NEW WATCHES | Part one of WatchTime’s annual report on the cavalcade of new timepieces introduced at the world’s premier watch fair. Plus: concept watches, new calibers and unorthodox complications that had show visitors buzzing.
- CHIME AND CHIME AGAIN | Inside the complicated mechanism that allows Jaeger-LeCoultre’s Hybris Mechanica à Grande Sonnerie to achieve its distinctive sound.
- THE ARTISAN IN THE ALPS | Headquartered far from the usual Swiss watch centers, independent watchmaker Beat Haldimann takes pride in making timepieces that are distinctively his own.
- AS THE WORLD TURNS | How useful is a watch that shows all 24 world time zones on its bezel? We reviewed five with manufacture movements to find out.
DEPARTMENTS & COLUMNS
- EDITOR’S LETTER
- READERS’ FORUM
- WATCHTALK James Bond’s watches on exhibit, new numbers on Swiss watch production, which brands spent the most ad dollars in 2009, and more
- WATCH QUIZ Test your knowledge of American watch companies past and present.
- FINE CARS The new Rolls-Royce Ghost offers a spirited driving experience.
- FINE PENS Why the Lamy Dialog 3’s unique mix of features is causing buzz
- FINE SPIRITS Small-batch and single-barrel bourbons have won over whiskey connoisseurs.
- FINE CIGARS A vertical tasting reveals flavor nuances in different sizes of the same cigar.
- FACE TIME A photo mélange of readers and their watches
- LAST MINUTE The cataclysm that wasn’t: How Swiss brands survived the crisis.