- FREAKY FUSION By Jens Koch | Ulysse Nardin’s new Freak Diamonsil features a watch-industry first: diamond-coated silicon parts. So just how did UN manage to fuse diamond and silicon?
- OMEGA’S ALPHA DOG By Alexander Linz | Omega’s in-house base movement, Caliber 8500, makes its debut in the new De Ville Hour Vision. We see if the watch and movement live up to the company’s high expectations.
- FLIGHT OF THE NAVIGATOR By Jens Koch | Glashütte Original’s Senator Navigator Automatic combines 1940s-era pilots’ watch design with a well-crafted manufacture caliber. We test this modern version of an old classic.
- SHOCK JOCKS By Lucien F. Treub | In the old days, a hard knock could easily damage a mechanical watch’s balance. Today, shock absorption systems keep those balances out of harm’s way.
- LICENSED TO DIVE By Martina Richter | Our comparative test subjected nine divers’ watches from an array of manufacturers to extreme water pressure and corrosive saltwater conditions. Which of these tough timepieces holds up most reliably for deep-sea professionals?
- MURDER, HE WROTE By Ed Kiersh | When he’s not penning the exploits of hard-boiled he-men in gripping crime novels, author and watch enthusiast Stuart Woods hits the high seas for adventures of his own.
- WHO IS VINCENT BÉRARD, ANYWAY? By Lucien F. Treub | A look at the French watchmaker whose small Swiss company has become the Timex Group’s entrée into the world of luxury watchmaking.
- INSIDE THE NEW TIMEX By Norma Buchanan | Timex is now a group of brands in a wide range of price categories, in the manner of the Swatch Group. We find out why the king of the low end is heading for higher ground.
- MEN’S WATCH TRENDS 2007 By Joe Thompson | What’s hot, watch-wise? In the wake of the spring watch fairs in Basel and Geneva, we present eight trends that are becoming dominant in the world of gentlemen’s watches.
- A FLEET OF FLYBACKS By Jens Koch | Thinking of adding a flyback chronograph to your watch collection? We examine seven of them from top manufacturers and report their pluses and minuses.
- FACE TO FACE: THE ENLIGHTENED SATIRIST By Ed Kiersh | Best-selling author P.J. O’Rourke skewers politicians and pundits without mercy, but he has a soft spot for a favorite watch. Can you guess which one?
DEPARTMENTS & COLUMNS
- Editor’s Letter
- Readers’ Forum
- Watch Quiz
- Time for Her
- Fine Cars
- Fine Pens
- Fine Spirits
- Fine Cigars
- Last Minute